Local First Contact
Find out about who to contact first in the local area
Ana Liffey is a low threshold, harm reduction service. We work with people who are using drugs and alcohol and who have other complex needs such as housing, health, legal and educational. Our service works with over 18’s only.
If you want to work with one of the team, here is what you can expect from us:
- We’ll work with you on your goals – we can work with you on housing, health, social, legal or other issues.
- We’ll help you with whatever is important to you.
- We’ll do the practical things with you and support you along the way. We’ll remind you of appointments and we’ll go to your appointment with you if you want.
- We’ll be flexible. We realize that your life might be busy so we will be flexible with appointment times.
- We’ll respect your rights. We will check with you regularly to see if you are still happy with the service you are getting from our team and we’ll tailor it to fit your needs better if you are not.
How to access the service: Drop in to us any morning or call us on Freephone 1800786828. Our staff will carry out a brief assessment to help us match the service to your needs. Drop in to us any morning or call us on Freephone 1800786828. Our staff will carry out a brief assessment to help us match the service to your needs.
Ana Liffey also have Assertive Case Management teams working in the city centre and North East Inner City. To enquire about them call Rory on 0852540472 or call our Freephone 1800786828 and leave a message for Rory to call you back.
- Key working
- Case management
- Needle and syringe programme
- Nurse surgery
- Reduce the Use group
- Treatment Options group
- Prison inreach
- Assertive outreach
- Prison group in Mountjoy Prison
- Harm reduction groups
- Drop in opens Monday to Friday 9.45am to 12noon.
- Nurses surgery runs Monday to Friday 9.45am to 1pm.
- Treatment Options groups runs every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon.
- Reduce the Use group runs every Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoon.
- Needle and Syringe programme runs on outreach every Thursday morning and Friday afternoon.
- Key working and case management appointments can be arranged between 7am and 10pm Monday to Friday.
Chrysalis is a Community Drug Project which focuses on harm reduction. We deliver a safe, compassionate space and a variety of different services from key working & case managementto addiction counselling for people and families affected by drug or alcohol misuse within the North Inner City area. We provide support around stabilizing and entering residential detox if required.
The project is quite unique as we have different services along the continuum of care. We usually have a range of social supports ongoing but these are currently suspended due to COVID19. Our peer led Recovery Evening on Thursdays is still continuing.
Our key services include:
- Case Management
- Key Working
- Generic Counselling
- Addiction Counselling
- Peer Led Recovery Night
- Sex Worker Support
Our service has two main criteria for entry –
- You must have a connection to the North Inner City area
- You must be experiencing or have experienced substance use either directly or indirectly.
Arrange an appointment for an assessment by phone, email or in person.
The service is appointment based for key working, case management and counselling. We can refer you to any of the other services we offer from the time of your initial engagement.
Opening Hours: Mon 9.30am to 8.30pm and Friday 9.30am to 5pm
Hands On Peer Education (HOPE)
Unit 5, Killarney Court,
Buckingham Street Upper,
The HOPE office is open from 10am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Drop In services: 10am to 1pm
By Apt only: 2pm to 5pm
The H.O.P.E. project offers a first point of contact for those wishing to become drug free, and support to their families. Our Community Detox programme consists of assessment, referral, drug screening, access to treatment and rehabilitiation, follow on care and advocacy. The project develops and delivers a range of drug / alcohol educational programmes for youth and adults in the North Inner City. The following courses are run on an ongoing basis:
· Drug / Alcohol Education (incl. Headshops) for all age groups
We welcome input from individuals and organisations in the community on relevant issues. We can tailor individual trainings to suit your needs. All of our services are free of charge to our client group (some fees may apply to professionals).